The Global Partnership for Education – Vietnam Escuela Nueva (GPE-VNEN) project has ambition to build independent and creative thinking for students in Vietnam through new teaching and learning methods. Being supported by World Bank with a total budget of 84 Million USD, GPE-VNEN project has proven its positive impacts on many aspects of primary education.
With the intention of providing opportunity for teachers to widely spread their inspiring ideas and results in school adopted VNEN teaching method, the Vietnam Ministry of Education has spent a small amount of its budget to launch a nationwide project for a Video competition. GPE-VNEN project seeks to engage with software developers to help deliver this contest with the length from August 2015 to May 2016 and Sutunam has been selected for this position.
Tailor-made functions in the platform:
– Customized python script which use Youtube API for fast massive uploads to youtube.
– Groups (modified) to handle the hierarchy tree: province, district, school. Each has a dedicated group.
– Rating (homemade) : for all rating features + handle competition’s rounds transition.
– Homemade registration process: enable users to register their own hierarchical user groups
– Dashboard Widgets: homemade plugin to display custom instructions for each kind of users (teacher, district admin, expert district, … )
– Homemade script to clean failed videos
After one semester aka. one term of competition including 4 rounds, website system has done an outstanding job of processing:
– > 83,000 users
– > 8500 videos successfully processed and uploaded to Website and to Youtube
– Average 6000 to 14000 sessions per day during peak time